February 23, 2010
February 22, 2010
February 20, 2010
February 19, 2010
When Rebecca joined our family, she blessed us with another February birthday! And even though we are still getting to know her, I am going to attempt to tell you some things about Rebecca that you may not know.
1. Rebecca has a servant's heart. She is often the one found asking if she can help and often is the one serving at our meals. This is a quality that reflects Jesus in her.
2. She has the most beautiful, contagious smile. And you see it OFTEN on her face.
3. Working with cattle is not one of her most favorite things to do on the farm :)
4. She loves babies, and loves on babies. And on that note, she is an amazing mother to their son, Andrew. She loves him to bits and cares for his every need.
5. She is very creative. She can make almost anything into a work of art. For example, one day Rebecca was pulling the dill out of her garden and from it formed a love note to Josh and put it in the middle of the driveway.
6. She likes to doodle. If there is are markers and paper near by she is sure to be found doodling.
7. She is a terrific help meet to our son Josh. Since they have been married there has hardly been a moment that she has not been by his side helping him on the farm. Even since Andy has been born she has been out there with Josh when possible. An amazing example to her sister-in-laws and yes, even to her mother-in-law :)
8. She loves and values her family very much and when Josh, Andrew and her are not here on the farm you will often find them with Rebecca's family.
9. She likes to bake.
10. When she was younger she wanted a horse......now she doesn't!
11. She likes to ride on the snowmobile.
12. Dishes are one of her favorite household chores :)
13. She plays piano
14. She likes to play football and is a great quarterback
15. She is an amazing daughter-in-law and sister-in-law
16. She likes her lawn to be short :) and her creativity shines when planting flowerbeds.
17. She is good at hockey and scoring against her father-in-law :)
18. Again as part of her creativity, she likes to scrapbook and does a beautiful job.
19. She likes to take pictures, especially of JOSH :) and Andy of course!
20. She likes music and will often be found listening to it.
21. She has A LOT of patience.
22. She lives to love the Lord Jesus, with all her heart, soul, mind and strength.
WE LOVE YOU REBECCA AND ARE SO GLAD GOD BROUGHT YOU INTO OUR FAMILY. WE LOOK FORWARD TO MANY MORE YEARS OF GETTING TO KNOW YOU. WE HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT YEAR!
February 15, 2010
Zachary trying to stay up on skis
The more the merrier
Nate's going to play it safe and ride the GT down.
And Jesse would just rather push the GT!
Jumping is always fun!
They look so teeny!
We have rows of hay and straw bales that we baled in the summer to feed and bed the cattle in the winter.
There are usually some pretty fun snow drifts that blow in around the bales. Another favorite place to play.
More Jumping Fun!
Sometimes you sink up to your waist :)
Josiah just likes to lay back and enjoy the ride
And over the winter the trail needs to be broken over and over again. Not always an easy task for those little legs!
Sometimes you just need a rest!
Even Teddy likes to play in the snow
Do you remember these pictures from the summer?
Here's what the old truck and tractor look like now. Guess the boys won't be playing on them for awhile!!!
We have cleaned off this deck several times....
The trees and branches are heavy with snow.
I think the horses are waiting for spring when their owners will be able to spend more time with them and ride them again.
The whiteness of the snow is breathtaking. It really is a beautiful time of the year. God's creation is amazing.
And here's a picture of one of our calves....just for fun!
February 12, 2010
1. She is a beautiful singer, and not just a singer, but a worshipper. I love to watch and listen to her sing. It is so much more than words, it's pure worship to God.
2. She loves potatoes in any form, chips especially.
3. For the first three months of her life Kerri would cry, actually scream, from 7-11 pm every day. Then one day she stopped and after that she was one of the most content babies we have had.
4. Kerri is very funny. Not the kind of funny that is cracking jokes all the time, but the funny that catches you off guard with a hilarious comment or statement :)
5. Kerri has a very sensitive heart. Ever since a little girls she has been quick to ask for forgiveness when a relationship has been hurt.
6. When she was little she refused to eat fruit, she eats a bit more of it now but it is still not her favorite thing!
7. She writes left handed, but does many other things with her right.
8. She is an amazing hockey player and has this uncanny ability to pick the corners and score.
9. Kerri and her oldest sister Jennifer look a lot alike and I often get them mixed up when looking out of the corner of my eye.
10. When Kerri was 2 years old she knew when her birthday was. When asked she would say in the cutest little 2 year old voice....Febuary 11. To this day we can still hear her answer that question.
11. Kerri is a very selfLESS person. She is ALWAYS looking to the interest of others. So much so that when it is her birthday and she is asked what she wants to do, eat, where she wants to go, she has a hard time picking, cause she want everyone else to pick what they would like.
12. Kerri is very good with little kids and they love to be around her. I think her patience is what draws them to her. She always seems to have time for them.
13. Kerri is very thorough in the jobs she does.
14. She is taller than all the other ladies in this household.
15. Her love for the Lord shines through her, she is a beautiful person inside and out. We are so glad that God gave her to all of as and that she is part of our family.