| Home | Our Family |  

June 9, 2008

Megan Tries Her Hand At Driving

Well Megan has been begging for some time now for me to teach her to drive. I have been a little apprehensive, and putting it off. But yesterday once again she was on my case, so taking into account her track record of being quite responsible, I decided to let her have a crack at it. Being farmers, we have quite a choice of vehicles, and so I tried to find the one that best suited Megan. Slow, steady and reliable. I can't say she was too impressed with my choice, but hey, take it or don't drive! She started off quite well, slow, steady, slow steady.



After some pracitce I felt confident that I could leave her alone to practice in the pasture. She was out there quite awhile and I figured that no news was good news. There was one thing that I apparently forgot to mention to Megan. Watch out for those pasture holes and slough bumps. Well I guess that would have been some valuable information for when I went out to check on her she was having a bit of trouble. In fact, a lot of trouble, she had lost her front wheel.



As she was feeling a little discouraged I tried to cheer her up and tell her that this happens to everybody..... well almost everybody. Thankful we live on a farm, we were able to hook her up with another mode of transportation. Once again, she was a little disappointed that she couldn't drive something like Joshua's shiny truck, but I figured he might not be too happy if she would happen to have another 'incident'. So the old truck it was. After a little coaching on the different set of wheel, once again Megan was ready to roll. I reminded her of the holes and bumps. She gave me the 'yes mom I know look' and I figured she was good to go. So, confident that she would be just fine, I went back in the house, hoping not to hear of another 'incident'. All was well, no news, and then all of a sudden Megan came bursting into the house. 'Mom, come quick, I have a bit of a problem'. Not the words I wanted to hear. So, I went running behind her, having a quite a time keeping up, being much older, and much more shall I say 'out of shape'. When I got there, I could hardly believe my eyes. How could I have neglected to tell Megan of the one other danger that was out in the pasture. The tree.




The one and only tree. Well, she found it, she hit is and the rest is history.



Megan I hope next time you practice driving again, it will be under much better circumstances. And maybe one day Josh will even let you drive his truck:)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Love this story way to funny. I'm thinking your Megan and my Amanda would be great friends, they sound so much alike.

Dianna said...

Never mind the tree is history. What about the truck??!!