August 28, 2008
August 25, 2008
Our goal for our children is that they know how to work, and that at the end of a day they feel a great sense of accomplishment from what they did do.
Too many kids now a days sit around and play Nintendo or watch TV all day. We are raising a lazy, self-centered generation when we let that happen.
August 23, 2008
- That they would be brought up in the ways of God.
- That their parents would be teaching them to love the Lord their God with all their heart, soul, mind and strength.
- That they would be brought up with values that were similiar to our families.
- For the wives that their mother would model a godly submissive wife and for the husbands that their father would model what a godly leader of the home looks like.
- That they would be taught that children are a blessing and being a parent is one of the biggest privelages.
- That their parents would take responsibility to teach their children of God's laws diligently and talk of them when they sat in their house, and when they walked by the way, and when they lie down, and when they got up. (Deut. 6:7)
- That their focus wouldn't be on earthly possessions, but on heavenly gain.
August 21, 2008
August 20, 2008
August 18, 2008
August 17, 2008
August 16, 2008
August 14, 2008
So I guess today I want to encourage you to keep on keepin' on. Even though today may have its challenges......it will be worth it in the end :)
Let's join together and build up a generation
that are strong heathly plants for God!
August 12, 2008
After the chickens had another soak, they were ready to dry off and be bagged for the freezer. Here we have them so 'daintily' saying their farewells.
All in all it was a very educational day with lots of fun and laughter. We look forward to having 28 roasted chicken suppers in the coming days.
And I think we may even do it again next year ?!?