1. What is your most favorite thing about Christmas time? Family time, twinkling lights, sweet smells, the music, but most of all the Reason for Christmas.
2. Do you enjoy decorating for Christmas? I really like to decorate but I have to be in the mood for it. I can't just decorate on demand. I like to shop for Christmas decorations after Christmas when they are on sale and stock up for the next year.
3. What food do you enjoy eating most in the Christmas season? Turkey is my favorite meat, so give me that and a lettuce salad and I am happy, well and then you need to add my mom's famous delicious potatoe and cheese perogies.......and then of course chocolate :-)
4. What traditions do you have on and around Christmas Day? Candlelit Christmas meal, games, Christmas music playing, chocolate fondue, surprise gifts......too many too name!
5. Do you usually have lots of family gatherings? Usually just 2
6. Who do you usually spend Christmas day with? My parents and siblings usually come over but it doesn't usually happen that everyone is around. My brother is the only one who lives in the same province as us right now :-(
7. What is your favorite Christmas song? I like O Come All Ye Faithful. I sing the chorus all year long......O come let us adore Him.......for He alone is worthy.......we'll give Him all the glory.....I like worship songs, this is one Christmas song that I feel is truly worshippful.
8. What is your favorite Christmas recipe? Marble Bark
9. What is you favorite Christmas memory? Really I have no favorite one. There are so many great memories and they get better every year!
10. When you think of Christmas, what do you think of? I think of an amazing God who love us so much that He sent His son for us. What greater love is there than that? On the other hand I get saddened because of all the commercialism that has taken over the true meaning of Christmas. We have chosen as a family not to give planned gifts, if any gifts are given they are usually impromptu and a big surprise .....but they don't always happen. We found that when we expected gifts, the focus ended up being getting gifts instead of focusing on Christ's birth and family. I have found Christmas a lot less stressfull since we have chosen to do this as a family. I would rather get people gifts throughout the year just because. I love giving gifts, so I have to do it sometime!!