| Home | Our Family |  

February 27, 2008

Worldly Influence

This week we listened to a message by Douglas Philips (can't remember the name of it right now) and he said something that has really stuck with me. He asked the question, "If you were on a deserted island and all you had to read/entertain you was your Bible, would you live differently?" Now I know you are thinking, 'Of course I would live differentlly, I wouldn't have most of my things!' Of course this was just to make a point, and with me it did. How much of my thinking and the way that I live is governed by the way things are done around me and have always been done. Or by the movies that I watch, the books that I read. How about the people that I try to be like or try to impress? I think if I had only God's word to influence me (and my family), I would do things differently. I would be much more conscious of what God teaches me in His Word of how to live. But really this shouldn't be, and that is why this has really made me think. Romans 12:1-2 says "I beseech you, brethren, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to GodAnd be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." I am sad to say that too many times, my thinking & my actions reflect my being conformed to this world instead of being transformed my the renewing of my mind and proving God's perfect, good and acceptable will. This is a constant process, renewing my mind with the things of God. So my challenge to you today, "What is governing the things you do, the way you think?

No comments: