| Home | Our Family |  

May 20, 2008

To Obey or Not to Obey? Chpt. 23

In this chapter we as wives are encouraged to search the scriptures once again and find scriptures on obeying/submitting to our husbands. Also to know the scriptures so that we know how to respond in certain situations that may come up in our marriage. When we look at Jesus' life He did not live in ease for his own pleasure. He lived and suffered for the glory that was to follow. And as wives our calling is to give glory to God. Jesus often had less than perfect circumstances, was treated unfairly, but still He chose to love:
For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us,
leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously.
1 Peter 2:23
In this chapter the point was made that too many times wives are too quick to run away from a marriage that is no fun. On the contrary when a Christian wife does what the world would never do-God is glorified. And that should be our goal, to glorify God.
So as wives God's Word needs to be part of our hearts, that we are so in tune with Him, that when situations arise, we know what God is calling us to do and say.
They also addressed issues where we as wives need to bring in the authorities. But you need to read the chapter if you have the book as I will not go into detail here. There are instances where some wives will need to contact the authorities because of their husbands behaviors.
One verse that I have been meditating on a lot lately, not only for my attitude toward my husband, but my children, and everybody I come in contact with is Galatians 5:22-23. An age old verse that I have heard many times over, but the power of it has really impacted me lately. To be a wife, mother, and woman who has the fruits of the spirit.
But the fruit of the Spirit is
love, joy, peace, longsuffering,
gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance:
against such there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23
To me this is key, if I can live in the spirit, having the fruits of the spirit, I believe I will bring glory to God in my relationships and my life in general.
So what verse has impacted you in your journey as a godly wife, mother and woman?

1 comment:

Laura said...

Check out my blog you have an award! I love your blog and I'm so glad I found it.