| Home | Our Family |  

July 28, 2009

Simplicity of the Gospel

This past Sunday we went to visit a church we previously attended. We heard that our previous pastor was going to be there so we decided to go and hear him preach again.

He talked about getting back to the basics of the Bible.

He told a story of how he went to the Bible bookstore and saw a book on how to make millions (I can't remember the exact title) and then right beside it was a book on learning how to be content with what you have. Confusing?!? That's what we have made the gospel.

God's Word doesn't have to be confusing to us. We don't have to be learned of Hebrew and Greek to get it's meaning.

Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 22:35-30

That's pretty straight forward isn't it? What would happen if I lived every day following this principle?

This verse has challenged me again to realize that it's not about me, it's about HIM! When I love Him with ALL my heart, ALL my soul and ALL my mind, it's about HIM. When I love my neighbor as myself it's not about me, it's about HIM!

I want to live my life all about HIM.

Simple, basic, straight forward.....

No comments: