| Home | Our Family |  

March 2, 2011

Belated Birthday Wishes


On the 19th of February our most favorite daughter-in-law (she will carry that title for a few years:) Rebecca had a birthday.Now many may think that I forgot to post about her birthday, but quite the contrary, I have just been waiting for that perfect opportunity!!! And it has come :) A few uninterupted minutes (ya right!) to write down a few of  my thoughts of this sweet young lady.

My first real memory of getting to know who Rebecca is on the inside was when her and some of her siblings came over to visit our older children. We all had supper together and right after Rebecca hopped up and started cleaning off the table. Later I was commenting to Mark what a servant's heart she has.

And now that I have gotten to know Rebecca better over and over I have found this to be true of her. She has a true servants heart. If you ever ask her to do anything, she responds with a "sure". And she doesn't just do it, she is joyful about doing it! So refreshing :)

Another great quality about Rebecca is her passion to be a Godly wife and mother. She takes this role very seriously and devotes her time and energy to her family. She stands beside her husband and is an amazing helpmeet to him. She takes excellent care of her son and her love for him is very evident. It is so encouraging in this day and age to watch a young lady, like Rebecca, who actually enjoys being a wife and mother and finds it rewarding.

She is also very teachable and is often asking advice. She doesn't just want to get things done, she wants to do it right. I admire that about her.

Rebecca is an amazingly creative person. She likes to scrapbook and her work is beautiful. She also loves flowers. Last summer the first thing people saw when they came on our yard was her beautiful gardens filled with flowers. This yard really needed her!!!!

I have enjoyed getting to know Rebecca more and more as we spend more time together. And I hope tp enjoy many more years of doing so. Rebecca and I are going to have to stick together. One day her and I may be the only adult ladies on the yard!

We love you Rebecca. You are truly a sweet person and a joy to have around. Hope you have a great year!

1 comment:

Josh and Rebecca Pauls said...

Thank you so much for welcoming me into your family, I love you guys all so much!