| Home | Our Family |  

August 16, 2006

Do I Trust

This morning we were talking about trust, in people and in God. What a huge issue this is. It affect our every day life, all day. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. (Prov. 3:5-6) ALL your heart, ALL your ways. I had to think of how many times I havc half trusted. Yes I trusted Him with my mouth, but was all my heart trusting? In trust there is NO worry, NO fear, NO stubborness. Trust is an act of the will. It doesn't come on it's own. We have to choose to trust. When Caleb was in the hospital it was sometimes really hard to trust. But I knew I had to, so I did. Even to the point of "God if this is Caleb's time to join you in heaven, I trust you." That is hard, but is is also very releasing. God is in control. Even when there were times that the doctor or nurses would make a mistake, it would have been so easy to get upset at them, but we had to catch ourselves and realize that God allowed things to happen, for His purpose. Some purposes we know, others we may never know. God may bring hard things into your life, but these are God's tools to form you into His image. So remember when you feel tense or worried about something: COMMITTMENT AND TRUST=REST, PEACE AND CONFIDENCE

No comments: