| Home | Our Family |  

August 30, 2006

Nothing is Secret

This morning we read in the news about an anchorwoman's conversation that she thought was in secret but was actually being broadcast on live television. The interview that she broke into was with President Bush marking the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. In her conversation with whoever, she was commenting what a great guy her husband was and then went on to say that her sister-in-law was a control freak. Can you imagine the horror when she found out everything was being heard live on TV? I'm sure her mind raced to think of all that she had said. Of course she won't have to think of that anymore since it's been broadcast to everyone. As soon as I heard this I thought of my life. How many things do I say or do in private that I would never want anyone else to hear? With my family, friends, even my own private thoughts. Are they God honoring? Luke 12:2-3 says; "For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known. Therefore whatsoever you have spoken in the darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which you have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the house tops." As I examine my heart and my actions I realize that there are just some things I wouldn't want to be proclaimed on the house tops! How about you?

No comments: