| Home | Our Family |  

May 29, 2007

I Have an Amazing Husband


You may be thinking, what did he do, bring her flowers, take her on a weekend getaway, clean the house, take her out for supper? Is it his birthday, is it 'Love Your Husband Day'? Not this time, this time it's just because of the little day to day things! Sometimes I just look at him and say 'I have an amazing husband!'
Take last week for example, he pulls this old truck out of the bush and was going to make a dump trailer for hauling manure. I look at this old beat up truck and ask, 'How are you going to do this?' 'Oh, I'll just take the cab off, put a hitch on and put some hydraulics on it.' He made it sound so simple. And guess what, he made it look simple too! The girl's and I looked out the window at his progress and said 'He is amazing!' And within a couple of days he had his trailer done! I wish I would have taken some before and after pictures so you could really appreciate what I am talking about! Amazing!!

Another thing is the way he relates to his family. To me, he always makes me feel beautiful, whether I am 9 months pregnant, in my 6 week post partum state, full of dirt & grime from helping in the field, ready for church, just woke up or whatever state I am in, he has never made me feel less than beautiful. To our children he relates to each one in such an amazing way! So many times I just sit back & watch and marvel. From a 17 year old son, to 2 teenage daughters, to a 12 year old daughter, to 4 boys, to 2 little girls, he goes from each one, loving them, teasing them, making them laugh, comforting them, talking to them, training them & making them feel like they have his undivided attention. He seems to know what to say and when to say it! Amazing!

His love for God and wisdom of His ways is also amazing. So many times I have been captivated by his interpretation of the scriptures and he makes the most complicated verses seem so simple. He is not afraid to think outside the box, and wants to be the person God wants him to be and lead our family where God wants us to go. He cares more about what God thinks than what people think. It has not always been the popular or easy road, but he has faithfully lead our family to the places that God has called us to. Amazing!!

He relates well to people in general. Whether it be a perfect stranger on the street, a long time friend, a fellow church goer, family, in the workplace, young, elderly, teens, adults, whoever it is, he can carry on a conversation and make that person feel God's love. Amazing!!

He is so FUNNY! He makes our home a light hearted place to be as there is often a joke, pun or one-liner on his lips. He can make the most stressful situations seem light. Amazing!!

Well I could go on & on but I think you get the picture.
I have an AMAZING husband. Thanks hon for being you!
Tell me about that amazing person in your life!

No comments: