| Home | Our Family |  

November 24, 2008

Husband Napping

Well, you may wonder what I have been up to for the last week.
Or maybe you didn't even think about it?
Either way, I will fill you in.
I napped my husband on Saturday.
What does this mean exactly?
Well, kind of like kidnapped, except it was my husband I napped.
Of course there was no ransome involved and so it was totally legal.
It all started last week when he suggested we go to Grand Forks, ND for a few days and take in a concert in Fargo, ND.
Looking at the week I felt a little overwhelmed and busy, and so discouraged it (silly me).
After I came to my senses and realized how blessed I was to have a husband who suggested that we go away, just the two of us, I decided to plan a little surprise for him. So I booked a hotel, got tickets for the concert and filled in the rest of the family of my plan. They were all very co-operative and assured me everything would be taken care of at home.
On Wednesday we had a income tax app't in Morden, so Mark just thought we were doing our routine shopping run. What he didn't know is that I had put all of our luggage in garbage bags and stuck them in the back of the truck. He thought they were bags for MCC and so didn't give it a second thought. When we went into the accountant's office, I threw a 'husband napper' note on his seat so that he would see it when we came out. It went something like this:
Consider yourself 'Husband-napped'
You have appox. 1 hour to get your house in order and then you are all mine until Saturday at 12:00pm.
I did give him an out because I wasn't totally sure what his plans were for the next few days.
But he accepted and so off we went.
We had a great time just hanging out. Of course we went out for some fabulous meals at our favorite restaurants there (Paradiso and Golden Corral). We also went to see the movie "Fireproof" one evening and of course to the concert another (Phillips, Craig and Dean). It was a lot of fun.
By Saturday we were ready to come home though and see our family again. At breakfast on Saturday morning there were a couple little kids with their parents and we were both guawking at them, longing to cuddle our own! It's nice to be away, but also very nice to come home:)
So this week it is back into the normal routine. And because this post is about us, I will do a memories Monday about us:)
Mark, cute as a button :)

Me and my dog Cheeko. This poor dog was so old that I am suprised I didn't give him a heart attack. I would put him in my doll carriage and roll him around and the carriage just shook because he was so scared. He eventually went to a nice older lady. I'm sure he was probably glad to be around someone who lived more at his pace!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm so glad no one was hurt in the napping....HeeHee! Sounds like a wonderful this before the big day Baby and wedding!

Arthur really likes PC&D that's nice that you got to attend a concert.

You guys sound like us time away is good, but the homecoming is the best! We always seem to talk about the kids while away and see tons of stuff we wish they were where to share with us.