- That they would be brought up in the ways of God.
- That their parents would be teaching them to love the Lord their God with all their heart, soul, mind and strength.
- That they would be brought up with values that were similiar to our families.
- For the wives that their mother would model a godly submissive wife and for the husbands that their father would model what a godly leader of the home looks like.
- That they would be taught that children are a blessing and being a parent is one of the biggest privelages.
- That their parents would take responsibility to teach their children of God's laws diligently and talk of them when they sat in their house, and when they walked by the way, and when they lie down, and when they got up. (Deut. 6:7)
- That their focus wouldn't be on earthly possessions, but on heavenly gain.
1 Sing to the LORD a new song,
for he has done marvelous things;
his right hand and his holy arm
have worked salvation for him. 2 The LORD has made his salvation known
and revealed his righteousness to the nations. 3 He has remembered his love
and his faithfulness to the house of Israel;
all the ends of the earth have seen
the salvation of our God. 4 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth,
burst into jubilant song with music; 5 make music to the LORD with the harp,
with the harp and the sound of singing, 6 with trumpets and the blast of the ram's horn—
shout for joy before the LORD, the King. 7 Let the sea resound, and everything in it,
the world, and all who live in it. 8 Let the rivers clap their hands,
Let the mountains sing together for joy