| Home | Our Family |  

May 22, 2009

Love

(photo taken by Mark's sister, Karen)
Lately I have been thinking a lot about love the way it is described in 1 Corinthians 13.
It describes a love so real, so complete.
Love never fails. NEVER FAILS! WOW!!!
When I want to strike back....LOVE
When I want to argue.....LOVE
When I feel the need to be right...LOVE
When I feel I've been mistreated....LOVE
When I feel rejected.....LOVE
When I feel like being selfish......LOVE
When I feel misunderstood.....LOVE
When I am envious.....LOVE
When I feel like being rude.....LOVE
But oh how I struggle. Struggle to show this kind of love daily, especially to my family.
I realize that the only way I can even begin to show this kind of love is first knowing and excepting the love my heavenly Father has for me. The deep, pure, unconditional and undeserving kind of love. And as I receive from Him, I can give to others. But in my own strength, I will fail.
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails.

No comments: