Well as most of you know October is our 'party hardy' month as we have 4 birthdays to celebrate. And today is the last one....the last in fact, until January.....
Every year I find myself feeling kind of feel bad for Caleb because by the time his birthday comes around I kind of feel all partied out! Tired of buying gifts (or being creative with gifts), tired of making birthday cake, tired....But this year is different...I am all up for another birthday. Maybe it's because I am excited about the gifts we found him or maybe because he picked this as his birthday cake :) Whatever the reason...this year I am ready....So today we celebrate the birth of our amazing son, Caleb Andrew who turns 11.
And you already know the theme of the month so here we go....
11 things about Caleb
1. He's quite reserved. You don't always know what he is thinking.
2. He's very good with little ones and his baby brother Josiah has taken a special liking to him.
3. He likes animals, especially dogs and cats.
4. His appendix ruptured and had to be removed when he was 7 yrs. old. He had to have another surgery a week later to remove adhesions from his bowel and remove infection from his abdomen. He ended up being in the hospital for 2 weeks.
5. He is very creative and likes to draw and make things from wood, lego and k'nex
6. He likes to learn and knows a lot about sea life and things that live in the ocean.
7. This year he was the one who deheaded the chickens that we butchered.
8. He is a very good singer and stays right on key even when those around him may go off :)
9. Pizza is one of his favorite meals.
10. He likes to play all sports and is a really good goalie.
11. He has a huge pain tolerance. If he says it hurts......you know that IT HURTS!
Caleb we love you so much. You have a tender heart toward the things of the Lord and we know that you will love and follow Him all the days of your life. Thank you for being such a special son and brother. We hope you have a great year and that you grow closer and closer to the One that loves you even more than we do :)
You shall walk after the LORD your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him. Deuteronomy 13:4