| Home | Our Family |  

October 9, 2009

Thumbs Up!

This week I am discovering a new thing.

I am discovering that thumbs are a gift from God.

I am also discovering that having a sprained thumb makes some seemingly simple tasks, that I do every day without thinking.... very difficult and often painful.

So here's my top 10 list of things you shouldn't do with a sprained thumb :)

1. Zip up jacket zipper

2. Change a baby's diaper

3. Use a can opener

4. Put on certain articles of clothing

5. Put a ponytail in a little girls hair

6. Open a jar

7. Button up buttons

8. Tie shoes

9. Do dishes :(

10. Fold clothes

WARNING: This list is not exhaustive. In fact pretty much anything that requires both hands is not recommended :)

So all this to say that God was really thinking when He gave us thumbs because they really come in handy :) (Okay, maybe also to get a little sympathy too :) ?!?!?!?!

But seriously... isn't it amazing when you think of how our bodies are made and how everything works together? So today as you are using your thumbs....give God thanks for how He made you so perfectly....just the way He wanted you!

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made:

marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

Psalm 139:14

1 comment:

Laura said...

Doing dishes...that could be a blessing :)

Praying you heal very fast!!!