| Home | Our Family |  

November 23, 2005

WORSHIP

The age old question: What is worhip? We talked about this today in our devotions. Worship is often thought of as something you do; in church, singing, reading God's Word ect. But real worship is.... BRINGING JOY TO GOD'S HEART So that means we can worship all day long. Psalm 5:3; 119:147 talks about worshipping God in the morning. Psalm 63:6 talks about worshipping God at night. Psalm 119:62 talks about worshipping God at midnight. I Cor. 10:31 when you eat and drink AND whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. In other words, our lives should be worship to God. Whether we are doing dishes, making a meal, rocking a sick baby, mowing the lawn, weeding the garden, changing a diaper... We can do all this in worship to God. We can worship Him because we have food to eat, a baby to rock or change his diapers, nature to enjoy, fresh vegetables to eat... but most of all because God is God. Many times I worship God when things are good, then it's easy, but what about when your circumstances are not ideal? We need to remember that GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME. This became real to me when I was doing a middle of the night feeding with Jesse. I was tired and was counting the many hours of sleep I wouldn't have:) Then God brought to mind a friend of mine who had just had a baby a couple of weeks earlier and her baby was born with medical conditions so she couldn't nurse her baby or even have her home with her right away. And at that point I became so thankful that I had my baby home with me and 'could' get up in the night and feed him. Did my circumstances change? No, but my perspective did! Worship to God does not depend on my circumstances. It depends on the goodness of God. And if God is good all the time, then I should be worshipping Him all the time. As I was growing up my mom had a saying which has stuck with me, "You don't have to, You get to!" We don't have to worship God, WE GET TO!!

No comments: