| Home | Our Family |  

November 27, 2018

Day 24


This is Rosalie. I am helping Brooke catch up :) Today we left Memphis around 9:00 a.m. It was a pretty normal drive full of games, reading, iPads and movies. About an hour before our destination we stopped at Walmart for groceries. It's always funny to watch people watch us. Every time we go to the store we hear comments like, "How many do you have?"  Or "Are the all yours?" Or my favorite is when only 4 or 5 kids are by my side and they go on to tell me they have this many too and how incredibly busy it is and that they have FOUR grandchildren...and how busy that is!! I don't ever have the heart to tell them how many are actually not with me at the moment!! And how many grandchildren I have (cause that pretty much makes their eyes pop out of their head!) And in the south a common saying is, "Well bless your heart!" And when they say that they say it with a look of "I'm glad it's you and not me!"  These comments used to bother me, being watched used to bother me.....but actually now when I hear "Bless your heart" I think...yes my heart is incredibly blessed...and I feel sad that you can't experience this blessing too! So even though my grocery shopping may look a bit chaotic, and I feel like everywhere I turn I bump into another child, or I get asked for the 50th time if they can put something in my cart....my heart melts when we get to the checkout and they all stumble over each other to help out. And every single time the cashier comments on what great helpers we have! And Mikey trumps them all.....he can't wait for the little turn table to bring the next bag to him! Its so cute to watch. Anyway.....wow....was that ever a rabbit trail!!

We got to Oklahoma City at around 4:00. Just enough time set up and walk around for a bit before supper. We still aren't used to the fact that it is gets dark so early in the evening...because it is still so warm outside!! At home when it is dark at 5:00 it's cold...so it seems right. Here it seems like there should still be so much daylight left...but there isn't!!

Here are a few pictures from today.

Before we left Mikey had to get daddy outside one more time to look at the barges! 
He loves being outside.


Jaden watching the movie. Its challenging to find a clear line of view with this many people in a little space!


Jesse and Mikey playing "memory".  

The fields were real wet for quite a few miles once we got into Oklahoma. Combines missed from one end to the other and there was water in most of the tracks. They were combining mostly soybeans.


And of course you can't pass by a beautiful church like this and not take a picture!! 





No comments: